September 22, 2014

Laundry Room Cabinets

Doing laundry used to be my most dreaded task of the week when we lived in an apartment. I had to lug everything to the laundromat and wait there for hours washing, drying, and folding my clothes. But now that we have a new house, my husband decided to build a laundry room in the wide hallway leading to our garage. At first we just put our new washer and dryer in the hallway. When we had saved a bit more money, my husband installed a wall with a doorway to separate the room from the rest of the house. His last step was to put in pre-made cabinets.

It’s necessary to have things like detergent, dryer sheets, stain remover, vinegar and an iron close at hand when you’re doing laundry. Until that point, we had been keeping those items in a basket next to the appliances, which wasn’t ideal. I wanted shelves or cabinets to complete our laundry room. My husband didn’t know a thing about cabinetry, so he ordered our pre-made cabinets online, using the measurements he took of the space above and around our machines. I chose a pleasant off-white color to match the machines and keep our laundry room looking fresh and clean. Within a few days, the affordable pre-made cabinets had arrived, and he put them together in a flash.


Our new laundry room is orderly and convenient. Getting the laundry done is not such a chore anymore - I just throw in a load and go about my business in the house. The pre-made cabinets are great for our laundry-related stuff, and also gave us extra storage space. We use the cabinets to hold miscellaneous household items such as cleaning supplies, tools, spare batteries, etcetera. I will certainly never complain about doing laundry again!